20 Dec WisBusiness: ThedaCare: New partnership will focus on enhancing pediatric primary and specialty care in Northeast and Central Wisconsin and Michigan’s Upper Peninsula
hree leading healthcare organizations – Bellin Health, Children’s Wisconsin and ThedaCare – are announcing a new pediatric joint venture with a shared focus on improving the health and well-being of children and adolescents in Northeast and Central Wisconsin, as well as the Upper Peninsula of Michigan. Through focused coordination, closer alignment, and resource investments, the partnership will make a meaningful impact on the lives of children, adolescents, their families, and the region’s communities.
The organizations, which will remain independent entities and continue to be responsible for the day-to-day operations of pediatric services at their clinics and facilities, will work closely together to enhance pediatric primary and specialty care to benefit children and adolescents in this growing region. Each partner organization will play an essential role, with direct benefits to patients that include:
• Bringing additional pediatric services and specialists to the region to expand access to local, close-to-home care.
• Reducing the need for children and their families to travel outside the region when a higher level of care is needed.
• Consistent, best-practice standards of care across each organization’s care settings in the region.
• Tailored child and adolescent services that meet community-specific needs with the right resources, expertise, skilled providers and clinical staff, technology and more.
• Better and more efficient care through seamless care coordination and tighter alignment across the three systems.